- The Spin Operator will set up, operate, and tend helical flight machines to produce helicoid flighting used in auger fabrication.
- The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have growth opportunities available within the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Detects defective materials, unusual conditions or operating difficulties for reporting to supervisor.
- Ensures safe operation of all equipment, tools and processes as well as compliance with safety regulations and keeps work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Verify conformance of completed work to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, and fixed and telescoping gauges.
- Study machining instructions, job orders, and blueprints to determine dimensional and finish specifications, sequences of operations, setups, and tooling requirements.
- Install tools in spindles.
- Works from drawings, sketches and instructions to successfully produce required parts.
- Works under the close direction of supervisor.
- Uses a variety of tools and equipment such as machine tools, spin lathes, shear, saw, press brake, forming, drilling, punching, burning and related equipment to cut materials to size, shape and form.
- Checks work as necessary to assure holding prescribed tolerance and to maintain quality standards.
- Change worn tooling, using wrenches.
- Position and secure workpieces on tables, using bolts, jigs, clamps, shims, or other holding devices.
- Operate singe- or multiple- spindle drill presses to bore holes so that machining operations can be performed on metal or plastic workpieces.
- Establish zero reference points on workpieces, such as the intersections or two edges or over hole locations.
- Some medium lifting is expected.
- Exertion of up to 35 lbs. of force occasionally is required.
- Prolonged periods of standing and bending required.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of mechanical equipment such as drills, lathes, mills, grinders, and other machines or measuring tools is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Hand/Eye Coordination.
- Independent Self-Starter/Team Player.
- General Arithmetic/Basic Algebra/Basic Geometry/Percentages.
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking so others will understand.
- Attention to detail.
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to distinguish colors.
- Overhead Crane.
- Hand tools.