Sr. Human Resource Generalist
Sr. Human Resource Generalist
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Sr Human Resources Generalist supports the day-to-day operations of the HR department.
- Responsible for tactical HR supporting all functions and employees at the plant.
- The HR Generalist will manage the administration of all HR programs, policies and procedures at their site.
- Develop, evaluate and implement various Human Resources initiatives.
- Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): employee relations, training and development, performance management, safety, benefits administration, recruitment & hiring.
- Ensuring an environment of open and honest communication and mutual cooperation and respect with the workforce.
- Provides full range of day to day HR support to local team including staffing, employee relations, performance management, organizational development, benefits, compensation and training & development.
- Coordinate background checks and drug testing.
- Perform new hire orientation and training.
- Drive employee engagement through effective communication, employee events & activities.
- Work collaboratively with employees, supervisors and managers to resolve employee relations issues; maintain an open-door policy.
- Conduct annual review of organizational design and talent.
- Perform compensation analysis to ensure job level alignment.
- Collaborate with management on performance management and reward recommendations.
- Partner with Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) & policy administration.
- Develops appropriate human resource plans in support of key business needs in a dynamic, changing environment. Develops/implements appropriate change management plans as required.
- Consult with management and staff regarding HR matters and recommend programs, activities, goals and changes.
- Implement and monitor adherence to all organization specific Human Resource related policies, procedures and practices; act as a liaison to staff regarding policies.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels & coordinate recruitment strategies per the established staffing process.
- Sourcing (internet, job fairs, newspapers, social media, agencies, etc.).
- Coordinate interviews.
- Employ diversity initiatives.
- Work with management and staff to address performance issues.
- Promote strong relationships between the Stanley Black & Decker and the community to develop and maintain good corporate citizenship.
- Identify areas of improved communications & standardizations.
- Uses policies and principles to coordinate HR related projects.
- Administer payroll for salaried, non-exempt workforce and for the hourly workforce.
- Administration of FMLA/ADA and Worker’s Compensation programs.
- Administration and updates to policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports and metrics to measure HR functions.
- Assist in workforce planning by preparing reports, documentation, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- Results oriented mindset with ability to prioritize and complete projects.
- Self-motivated individual with the desire to succeed and motivate others.
- Must be professional and customer focused.
- Ability to manage confidentiality at all levels.
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience; manufacturing environment experience preferred.
- Results driven with emphasis on keeping customer and business commitments.
- Ability to demonstrate highest level of personal ethical conduct.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Capable of influencing plant/business leaders to drive HR initiatives.
- Proven track record of building strong relationships vertically and horizontally within an organization.
- Must possess strong communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.