Who You Are
You’re a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You’re creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You’re agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
- Four (4) year technical degree in Mechanical Engineering / Industrial Engineering or Plastics Technology.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in injection molded plastics manufacturing or process engineering
- Strong knowledge of the automotive marketplace, its customers and business climate
- Proven ability to develop robust program launch schedules and to drive organization, time management and effective prioritization in order to hit program timelines
What You’ll Do
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Specifically you’ll:
- Actively drives productivity improvement programs, encompassing every aspect of the manufacturing process, from raw material to finished goods.
- Works with teams to select optimum manufacturing methods and sequence of operations to produce high quality products at the lowest cost.
- Initiates all of the manufacturing principles of Lean Manufacturing.
- Ensures safety and ergonomic considerations are made relating to equipment, process and plant layout.
- Continuous improvement activities related to inventory reduction, working capital turns and complexity management.
- Prepares capital expenditure justifications for production equipment.
- Orders and manages the construction of primary and auxiliary equipment.
- Coordinates the installation and start-up of production equipment and required auxiliary equipment.
- Interface with Tooling Engineering and Purchasing on the new construction of tools, injection molding machines and secondary operation of equipment
- Establish and maintain the processes in production to ensure the production of parts which meet company and customer specifications
- Manage set-up workshops to improve mold change time and throughput
- Propose technical solutions to problems, and coordinate with departments.
- Assists plant manager in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Conduct and report on monthly launch readiness reviews
- Monthly issue of Run@Rate schedules / results for plant, including convergence planning
- Participate in PMP / APQP reviews as required
- Study, develop in detail, validate, release and set-up the complete Production System of the program using group standard lean Capex methodologies: process flow charts, work combination Table, PFA (Process Functional Analysis), layout (SWC), equipment and tool definition and interfaces, material and information flow diagram in accordance with the Group standards and program objectives.
- Participate in the achievement of Process, Equipment and Facility FMEA.
What You’ll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren’t linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you’ll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that’s how the best work gets done. You’ll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You’ll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.