Administrative Assistant - Supply
Administrative Assistant - Supply
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PURPOSE (Job Description)
Performs advanced clerical and administrative support duties in accordance with established procedures, instructions, and work routines. Performs data input, extraction, analysis, and development in support of departmental functions.
POSITION DEMANDS (Education/Training)
Possess a BA/BS in a related Administrative field; typically has an AA/AS plus four years directly related Admin experience, or eight (8) years directly related Admin experience. Experience in a shipyard environment a plus.
POSITION DEMANDS (Required Experience)
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with little to no supervision.
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively with internal and external customers.
- Typing 65 WPM; Verifiable Microsoft Office Skills Score of 80 or above in Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Able to develop and present metrics.
- Must have excellent speaking and listening skills. Able to understand and speak English clearly, Advanced spelling, grammar, punctuation, and active reading skills.
- Able to write clearly and concisely in a manner that appeals to a wide audience.
- Flexible, adaptable, attentive to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills. Able to handle multiple tasks and follow through on assigned tasks.
- Customer-service driven and focused.
- Professional appearance, business casual.
- Must be punctual and dependable, with a verifiable attendance record.
Reports to the Department Manager or designated supervisor; May interact with department and/or Company staff and senior management.
May interact with external agencies, vendors, and suppliers. This position has no direct reports.
- Perform general administrative tasks, including but not limited to managing office supplies and equipment, answering multiple phone lines, and overseeing the daily flow of mail, correspondence, and filing needs.
- Prepare, research, analyze, and input data; maintain databases.
- Responsible for analyzing, coordinating, and monitoring multiple projects.
- Prepare agendas, reports, licenses, professional presentations, and other documents including updating weekly metrics and status reports.
- Develop project work plans and milestone schedules for assigned projects, scheduling resources tasking and tracking progress.
- Compile project status reports, coordinate project schedules, manage project meetings, and track action items, performance measures development, application, and analysis. Analysis of performance trends, budgets, and resource capacity
- Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of projects by scheduled deadlines.
- Document detailed department operations and procedures to be used as a baseline for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Identify, implement, and monitor continuous improvement initiatives to reduce cost, reduce cycle time, improve quality, and improve safety.
- Observe and support Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety policies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Regular, reliable attendance on-site is an essential function of the job. Accountable to Department Manager or designated supervisor for providing accurate and efficient administrative and data control as assigned. Results are related to the quality and timeliness of achieving project goals and ability to develop, implement, and/or adhere to processes that maximize