Newport News, Virginia
Responsibilities for CNC Programmer
- Read technical drawings and set up the machines in accordance with these blueprints.
- Use computer software to model cutting paths and program machines accordingly.
- Perform quality assurance tests to ensure products meet design specifications.
- Adjust machine cutting paths or settings to optimize production while maintaining quality.
- Consider tools required to cut particular materials and program machines accordingly.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with machines as they arise.
- Perform basic machine maintenance such as cleaning and sharpening.
- Train new employees on how to properly operate CNC machines and programs.