Planner - Scheduler
Planner - Scheduler
- Planner/Scheduler position to develop, maintain and analyze schedules.
- The Planner/Scheduler will take the lead to plan, track, analyze and report on project schedules of varying size and complexity.
- The Planner/Scheduler will provide key support to project and program management efforts, monitoring work flow, coordinating and tracking schedule and identifying key project delivery risks and issues.
- Candidate will develop schedules using Microsoft Project to meet requirements in support of DoD and/or Commercial Contracts.
- The candidate will interact daily with program management team members (Finance, Ship Superintendents, Project Managers, Program Managers, Craft Managers, Safety, and Quality Dept.), Subcontractor management team members and Government customer employees.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain schedule data across small and large scale repair availabilities both US Government and Commercial.
- Create project schedules to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet completion dates according to production forecasts or customer work specifications and drawing orders.
- Maintain and perform validation of project schedule configurations to meet industry standards for quality health check requirements for status and reporting.
- Organize and meet with production and subcontractors to gather status and review impact to key milestones and events.
- Provide project schedule analysis to Project Team, listing critical path activities to key milestones and events, displaying activities that are behind schedule to baseline.
- Ensure compliance with company scheduling procedures to set and maintain baseline schedules. .
- Maintain continuous communication with Customer, Project Managers and Project Teams on the progress of the project and schedule
- Prepare schedule narratives describing the status of assigned projects with weekly deliverables.
- Create “what if” scheduling scenarios based on potential new and growth work.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DBIDS, must pass premployment drug screen and medical screenings.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills, or prior scheduling software experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume production environment.
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment.
- 3 years planning/scheduling in a maritime industry required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook,PowerPoint and Project),