Accounts Receivable Responsibilities:
- Processing, verifying, and posting receipts for goods sold or services rendered.
- Researching and resolving account discrepancies.
- Processing and recording transactions.
- Maintaining records regarding payments and account statuses.
- Obtaining information from other departments to ensure records are accurate and complete and that accounts receivable ledgers and journals are up-to-date.
- Working with the collections department to review accounts, client payments, credit history, and develop new or better repayment terms.
- Performing administrative and clerical tasks, such as data entry, preparing invoices, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork, and contacting clients to discuss their accounts.
- Generating reports and statements for internal use.
- Engaging in ongoing educational opportunities to update job knowledge.
Accounts Receivable Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field, preferred.
- At least three years' experience in a similar role.
- Strong math, typing, and computer skills, especially with bookkeeping software.
- Excellent communication, research, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal departments.