Performs a wide range of duties within the plant including but not limited to:
· Strips and cleans concrete forms, using hammer, scraper, and broom and sprays form with oil to prevent adhesion of concrete.
· Preparing forms
· Pushes stressing cables through form, threads ends through guide holes in end plates and securing the ends of the strands with chucks
· Pours concrete
· Shovels, vibrates, and finishes and maintains good housekeeping and safety regulations.
· Removes forms from cured piling, using hand tools, and cuts protruding end of stressing cable, using oxyacetylene torch.
· Lifts beam and moves hoist to yarding area via gantry crane.
· Attends all safety meetings to gain a broader understanding of safety issues that will assist in maintaining a safe working environment.
· Perform basic physical work tasks at work site
· All other duties or special projects as assigned by management
Qualifications (Education/Experience) and Required Skills
· No experience is necessary
· Physical examination required
· Ability to communicate effectively with team members
· Knowledge of basic tools and their uses
· Understand and apply basic mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, division & multiplication)
· Knowledge of basic measurements and how to read a tape measure
· Good attendance and positive attitude a must
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and listen. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, climb or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The individual must be able to perform all of these actions while being exposed to inclement weather as this position works outdoors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, which required employee to wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE), outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/ or humid conditions as well. Employee will utilize proper PPE as instructed by supervisor, such as such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hats, reflective vests and steel toe boots. Additional PPE may be required.