Painter- 2nd Shift (Local)
Painter- 2nd Shift (Local)
Under the direction of the Group Leader and/or Paint Team Leader, the Liquid/Powder Paint Technician is responsible to operate and maintain painting equipment, paint parts in accordance with processes, and provide training to employees in proper painting procedures.
The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have growth opportunities available within the business. Learn more about the Stanley Infrastructure business at www.stanleyinfrastructure.com and learn more about Stanley Black & Decker at www.stanleyblackanddecker.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
*1. Proficient at operating all paint processing equipment within the department.
*2. Demonstrated ability to perform all jobs in the department.
*3. Set-up and perform color changes per job specifications.
*4. Measure and mix liquid and powder paints as necessary to complete job and train co-
workers for correct application of liquid and powder paints.
*5. Prepare and inspect parts to ensure proper paint application.
*6. Apply primers and paints per manufacturing specifications.
*7. Perform preventative maintenance on all painting equipment as required.
*8. Understand and follow procedures dealing with parts flow and associated paperwork.
*9. Complete computer operations using specific forms and procedures to ensure inventory
accuracy within the department.
*11. Use all checklists for work processes and equipment maintenance; log information and file
on a daily basis.
*13. Perform all housekeeping duties.
*14. Follow company safety practices and procedures.
15. Perform all other duties as required.
- Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling can be expected.
- Long periods of standing and walking can also be expected in this position.
- Use of basic tools and equipment.
- Work environment:
- Occasional exposure to typical manufacturing areas may be required and will require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection, paint .
- The work environment will include their own workstation or cubicle space equipped with a telephone, headset and computer as required for the job.
- Team member must be mobile enough to navigate the manufacturing shop floor safely including walking and standing for up to four hours at a time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
High school diploma or equivalent.
Ability to read and understand instructions in order to measure, mix, and apply primers and paints.
Ability to use, trouble-shoot and maintain paint equipment.
Ability to use hand and power tools.
Attention to detail required.
Demonstrates the ability to follow/provide direction and work in a team environment.
Problem Solving Analysis