- Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques.
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding process.
- Inspects completed welds to determine structural soundness.
- Performs simple setups, operates hand router and grinder to perform repetitive grinding and routing of excess weldments.
- Works from written and verbal instructions and maintains necessary records.
- Uses powered hand grinder, sandblast machine, wire brush and file to provide base finish to welded surfaces. Removes all burrs, sharp edges and corners.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and reports improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials to supervisor.
- Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintains quality standards.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- High School graduate and/or Technical degree.
- Must have 1 to 3 years experience of aluminum MIG welding techniques.
- Must be able to use mathematics in the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, various types of precision measuring instruments.
- Must be able to read blueprints and have layout experience.