Provides administrative, secretarial and clerical support to the General Manager (GM) and the Board of Commissioners (BOC). Interacts and liaises with town, federal, state officials and customers. Maintains the confidentiality of the GM's position.
• Provides a broad variety of administrative tasks for the GM including: Manages active calendar of appointments, completes expense reports, composes and prepares correspondence. Plans, coordinates and ensures that GM schedule is followed. Ability to arrange a variety of meetings on and off site and conference calls at the request of the GM. Picks up, opens and sorts GM’s mail. Coordinates with Purchasing Dept. supplies needed for GM office.
• Ensures the signing and posting of official meeting notices according to Commonwealth of Massachusetts Open Meeting Laws, develops meeting agenda for GM review, prepares and distributes BOC meeting packets in electronic format as well as file copy. Records and transcribes minutes of the BOC meetings (within the ten-day time parameter) with other meetings at the direction of the GM. Schedules meeting room, posts agenda, upcoming meetings and board related items such as approved minutes to web page. Notifies Facilities of upcoming meetings. Ensures that all audio visual and sound requirements for taping of meetings are set up, in working order and meeting is confirmed with RCTV.
• Interacts professionally with customer employees, commissioners, legislators, vendors, attorneys and customers to provide information, respond to inquiries and schedule appointments.
• Maintains and updates files pertaining to the GM’s office. Responsible for complying with Commonwealth of Massachusetts Record Retention laws. Assembles information for public records requests when deemed necessary.
• Composes and generates own correspondence when appropriate. Assumes responsibility for coordination of special projects as assigned by the GM.
• Schedules all travel arrangements in accordance with the Overnight Travel Policy once all approvals have been secured. Ensures that reservations are obtained and confirmed. Also, assists Board members with travel and lodging arrangements as needed.
• Serves as the “back-up” Records Access Officer (RAO) for records requests and ensures that such requests follow the appropriate laws and internal policies.
• Selects, orders, purchases, picks ups, puts out as well as cleans up food for meetings and events. On occasion, works with outside utilities or vendors to coordinate food/beverages for meetings at customer.
• Maintains and trouble shoots photocopy machine in the General Manager’s area.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Mgmt. or related concentration as determined by the customer.
At least 5 years’ experience working as Executive Assistant to top-level management where judgment, initiative and confidentiality are important.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including SharePoint. Ability to conduct research on the web as needed. Knowledge of research methods and report preparation. Ability to accurately take and transcribe meeting notes. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to plan, organize and coordinate efforts amongst departments and other governmental or private agencies. Ability to analyze variety of administrative and operational issues and make recommendations for solutions. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with employees, the BOC, the Towns and the public. Experience with social media and websites.