Credit and Collections Manager
Credit and Collections Manager
Overall responsibility for the credit and collections function. Manages the credit options and collection of accounts due to customer in accordance with customer’s goals, policies and procedures for receivables, payment terms, provisions, and collection policies. Oversees response to customer inquiries related to accounts. Defines receivable goals and objectives, timely management reporting, invoicing/collection process and coordination of related activities.
• Directs, coordinates, and participates in the collection, receipt and recording of revenues collected.
• Manages credit and collections services (i.e. account inquiry, notice delivery, assistance at field disconnections, establishing payment plans, posting of payments and changes in database, bankruptcy and lien processing, reconciliation of “insufficient funds” checks, etc.)
• Supervises preparation and maintenance of records and files.
• Oversees the collection and posting of utility bills and other fees.
• Maintains customer account record posting, contact, and issuance of credits.
• Organizes, directs and communicates special payment arrangements for delinquent and special accounts.
• Handles customer complaints and inquiries.
• Prepares daily receipts journal and final balances.
• Posts records concerning collection activities.
• Identifies gathers, analyzes and evaluates data, generates reports and maintain records related to the credit and collection processes.
• Investigates and arranges the collection of delinquent and problem accounts to ensure that uncollectable accounts do not rise above an unacceptable level.
• Maintains a working knowledge of legal issues pertaining to credit, collection and litigation issues.
• Plans, evaluates, implements and continuously improves all aspects of credit and collection functions and processes.
• Create, implement, maintain and manage standard operating procedures and processes related to the cooperative efforts between Customer Service, Billing, and Credit & Collections
• Illustrative Work Activities:
• Provide assistance in all areas of Billing as necessary
• Provide assistance in all areas of Accounting as necessary
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration, Accounting or related field as determined by customer.
At least five years of experience related to billing and collections, customer service, account processing, or bookkeeping. At least two years in supervisory capacity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of credit and collection processes and procedures. Familiarity with DPU rules and regulations. Knowledge of general billing and account processing. Knowledge of contract language related to payment agreements. Knowledge of customer service procedures. Outstanding interpersonal skills. Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality regarding sensitive issues. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to respond to customer inquiries. Strong oral, written and presentation skills. Well-developed computer skills and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including SharePoint as well as customer utility billing software.