Senior Mechanical Assembler
Senior Mechanical Assembler
Simi Valley, California
Assembles mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies for large antenna systems.
- Performs a wide variety of complex assembly operations on mechanical parts, assemblies, and subassemblies such as modules, panels, racks, or cabinets.
- Interprets and follows diagrams, T.O. specifications, blueprints, and engineering drawings.
- Makes initial layouts must be able to assemble close tolerance parts and use a wide variety of hand and pneumatic tools.
- Checks for work correctness and for conformance to specifications.
- May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications.
- Mechanical assembly of large antenna systems and sub-assemblies, gearboxes, large diameter bearings, etc.
- Uses hand tools and various epoxies to perform operations.
- Interfaces with engineering, quality assurance, and test personnel to ensure subassemblies are inspected and tested at specified checkpoints.
- Work to be performed requires heavy lifts involving the use of cranes, forklifts and man lifts.
- May also be assigned to small assembly detailed work.
- Interface with members of multiple departments like Engineer, Quality Assurance and Test Engineering to ensure subassemblies are tested at specified check points.
- May be required to travel for field work to install and assemble systems under supervision.
- Sets the highest ethical standards for self and others.
- As Senior Assembler, will be responsible to perform work on more difficult assemblies and requires organization of major assemblies and subassemblies to build in proper sequence.
- Will be required to travel for field work in the installation and assembly of systems, sometimes unsupervised.
- Will be required to oversee crew in the field if supervisor is not available.
- May be required to assist in training of new assemblers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- A minimum of an HS Diploma/GED is required.
- At least 1 year of experience in mechanical assembly required.
- Must have basic knowledge and experience using hand tools.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Previous experience working at heights is preferred.
- Previous experience operating forklifts is desired.
- Knowledge of standard calipers and dial indicators is desired.
- General knowledge of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) control and tool control processes is desired.
- Previous related experience in the following is a plus:
- Heavy equipment maintenance
- Wind turbine manufacture
- Satellite ground station maintenance
- Shipboard maintenance
- Large industrial machinery repair
- Large antenna manufacture
- Must pass a drug test
- Must pass a background check