The primary job function for a perlite technician is to assist in expanded perlite removal and installation in cold boxes, cooling towers, etc.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensuring equipment is properly inspected and meets company standards.
- Ensuring equipment and job supplies are loaded on cargo trailer prior to departing.
- Assisting with setup on the job site according to company procedures i.e. all work areas should be barricaded, equipment that will be carried up the tower must be tied off, etc.
- Assisting Operators with the removal and/or installation of loose fill insulation.
- Assisting Operators with off-loading used/damaged perlite in the designated landfill.
- Responsible for job site clean up.
- Ensuring all equipment and job supplies are loaded back on the cargo trailer and returned to the home base.
- Maintaining an attitude of alertness concerning possible unsafe or hazardous practices by the employee or other personnel which might be injurious to personnel or property.
- Maintaining a clean work area during and after all job functions.
- Staying current on manual changes, policy changes and rules concerning general conduct.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to climb 200+ feet on fixed ladders.
- Ability to withstand confined space work/atmosphere for 4 hours at a time.
- Body proportionate to small working spaces.
- Working knowledge of gas monitors.
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours a day
- Ability to wear a harness and lanyard for 4+ hours at a time.
- Ability to lift 20+ lbs.
- Ability to pull a hose vertically with ease.
- High School education or equivalent required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license at all times.
- Must be able to pass a background screen (no felony convictions)
- Must be able to pass a respiratory fit test
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment, random, pre-job, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, and follow up drug & alcohol test, the work performed is safety sensitive and any medications will be reviewed and evaluated.
- Ability to demonstrate skills in conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Must be self-motivated with minimal supervision required and desire a willingness to learn.
- Must be able to handle a variety of assignments and handle multiple tasks. This at times may include changing priorities and deadlines.
- Required to travel out of town/state for several days to several weeks at a time.
- Currently have Basic Safety Orientation Plus, Fall Protection, and Confined Space from a safety council.
- Fire Retardant clothing.
- Steel Toe Boots.
- White, full brim hard hat.
- High visibility vest.
- All other safety supplies are provided by the client.