This position will include the following functions:
- Ensures that invoices are submitted accurately and in accordance with contract terms
- Manages accounts receivable cycle
- Supports daily, weekly, and monthly accounting functions
- Assists on special projects
Maintains internal contacts primarily with Accounting, Estimating, Project Managers, Purchasing, and other departments as necessary to resolve billing and work order accounting issues. Coordinates and maintains communications with MARMC DFAS or other government paying offices, DCAA and commercial customers to ensure timely payment of invoices and management of cash inflows.
- Performs all billing functions, which includes preparation, review and submittal of all invoices.
- Review and maintain all contract terms and conditions to be applied to all customer invoices.
- Reconcile assigned billings to the Accounts Receivable general ledger accounts
- Identifies opportunities and implements process and procedure changes for improved efficiency and new business changes
- Maintains and updates approved billing rates and dry docking days
- Monitors billing cycles and accounts receivable aging. Works with customers to shorten cycle times and collect outstanding invoices.
- Assists managers, accounting staff, and auditors in researching accounting and billing issues
- Maintains projects booked to billed reconciliations.
- Reviews all contracts to ensure compliance in billings.
- Coordinates and reviews all accounts receivable documentation.
- Assists with contract closeouts
- Maintains and reviews accounts receivable metrics.
- Prepares schedules for annual Incurred Cost Submissions
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned.