Duties and responsibilities
- Beginning to Intermediate Carpentry and Dock skills
- Sets up and operates wood working tools to cut, form and finish job. Erects or dismantles structures, repairs or refinishes walls and structures.
- Lubricates and maintains carpenter shop equipment.
- Crates machinery and other equipment for shipment.
- Performs assigned labor jobs, product repair and salvage reclaim (hand rework only), scrap disposal and stacking of empty pallets. Climbs in and out of tanks for cleaning purposes, or if qualified, pick up unused equipment, upon completion of jobs
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
- Experience in a Shipyard/ Military setting.
- Must be able to obtain a DBIDS/Green NAVSEA Badge.
- A minimum of three to five years of related skill, knowledge or experience is needed for these occupations. Must include related on-the-job training and experience in shipbuilding, marine railways, floating dry docks, and carpenter work.