QA NDT Level II
QA NDT Level II
Functions include QA Department Test and Inspection plan Hold Point scheduler and documenter and assignments as assigned by the QA Supervisor. Other assignments may include other departmental functional responsibilities, including Welding Programs Management, Approved Supplier List Management and/or Internal Auditor.
1. Functions as the Department Hold Point Coordinator ensuring customer hold points are received and appropriately conveyed to all personnel required for notification.
2. Internal and external customer communications and collaborative functions.
3. Performs other Quality Assurance departmental functional responsibilities including Welding Program Management, Approved Supplier List Management, and/ or Internal Audits.
4. Test and Inspection plan development and maintenance.
5. Quality document control maintenance and archival.
6. As a team member, perform internal and external process audits as assigned.
7. Attend bi-weekly Quality Assurance Department team briefings.
8. Performs other departmental duties and routine assignments.
1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. 2 to 5 year of related work experience – Shipboard Experience preferred.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
4. Able to perform specified administrative duties with accuracy and in an efficient manner.
5. Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word, and MS Project
6. Ability to gain access to military installations.
7. Must pass a drug test and background check.
1. Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly and seek help with weights over 50 pounds.
2. Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/vertical ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This is a physically demanding position and may accommodate some physical disabilities. Physical dexterity may be required when performing walk thru and inspection of job sites. In the performance of the walk thru you will be required to transverse steep stairwells, vertical ladders and bending or stooping thru tight spaces. There may be occasional lifting of materials weighing not more than 50 pounds.
This position works on the jobsite. There is exposure to hostile environments, loud noises, hazardous chemicals/fumes and airborne particles, smoke, extreme temperatures moving mechanical parts: high, precarious places.
Work-site visits will require wearing of appropriate PPE including, but not limited to:
- Hard hat
- Ear plugs or attenuator
- Safety shoes
- Dust mask or respirator