Newport News, Virginia
Marine Pipe Welder
- Pipe welders will cut/torch and weld metal surfaces or pipe using various types of welding equipment.
- Weld processes may be performed on various materials in the shop/on table as well as onboard the ship/in position.
- Welding is performed on a wide variety of materials/Ferrous and Non-Ferrous utilizing an even wider range of welding processes, such as GTAW, SMAW, FCAW, and GMAW.
- Weld components in a flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Set up welding machines based on the job at hand.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Keep work areas clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities.
- Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards.
- Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the SMAW (Shielded metal arc) process
- Ability to fuse inserts and weld carbon steel, stainless steel and copper nickel pipe using the SMAW and GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) processes
- Ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and GTAW processes
- Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must pass a drug test and background check