Newport News, Virginia
- Individuals should possess the ability to accomplish various types of welding such as Mig, Tig, Flux Core, and Stick.
- Individuals will possess a working knowledge and understanding of heat requirements, such as amperages, voltages, pre-heats, inter-pass temperatures and post heat requirements.
- Individuals must be able to layout, burn and prepare plate pipe for installation.
- They must also be familiar with filler wire controls, filler wire selection and acceptable weld preparation techniques.
- All welders be familiar with multi-pass all position fillet and butt welds using SMAW, GMAW, and FCAW
- Experience with Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.)
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry
- Experience with Air Carbon Arc Gouging
- Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges
- Must pass a HFT
- 7 year backgound check
- Minimum 4 years of commercial or naval experience as a first class welder