- Should be able to identify parts, read tech manuals, spec items and blueprints.
- They should be able to furnish sizes and clearance and also recommendations to supervisor.
- Should be able to work on any equipment shown below with close supervision.
- Experienced in machinery overhaul and installation and testing of all the following:
- Winches (Electric driven* Electro hydraulic)
- Anchor windlesses
- Steering gear
- Air compressors
- Pump and motor alignments
- Valve repairs
- Diesel engine repairs
- Hydraulic trouble shooting repairs
- Reduction gear repairs
- Generator repairs
- Boat davit repairs
- Bearing fit-up & installation
- Gas turbine repairs
- Propulsion experience of the following:
- Shafting repairs and alignment, fixed and controllable pitch.
- Propellers removed and installed.
- Rudders repair and installed.
- Tool operation requirements:
- Operate grinder fixed and portable
- Operate drill presses fixed and portable
- Fixed presses
- Porta powers
- Hydraulic jacks
- Torches and torque wrenches
- Assorted sizes of combination wrenches, socket sets, slip joint pliers, adjustable wrenches, wire pliers, hammers-ball pean and flat head, screw drivers (flat and phillips) vise grips, 6” scale- 12’ tape measure and snap ring pliers. Micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, pipe wrench, punch set, chisels and small mall.
- Must have at least 3+ years of outside machinist experience