- A medical support position in which the individual provides basic first aid services to employees or persons who become ill or injured on the customers facility.
- Effectively liaise with the Occupational Nurse, H S & E Manager, Safety representatives and facility supervision regarding the care and treatment of our employees
- Maintaining best interest standards for both the employee and the company.
- Provides initial assessment of job-related injuries/illnesses; as needed will perform medical triage.
- Must demonstrate basic medical knowledge, including taking vital signs, universal precautions, daily follow up care and emergency assessments.
- Facilitates transportation of employees to consulting medical facilities and local hospitals for evaluation and treatment.
- Dispenses OTC medications, administers treatments and applies dressings for minor injuries and illnesses.
- Assist with diagnoses, specialized testing and evaluation of results, assessments of patients presenting symptoms of injury/illness in the Medical Department as well as in shipyard emergency situations.
- Informs appropriate persons of patient’s condition and progress and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Assists with designing, developing, and delivering new initiatives on health education/promotion and accident/disease prevention.
- Assist with health awareness programs, such as blood pressure screening, smoking cessation, wellness, and related programs.
- Assist in coordinating blood drives and annual hearing screenings.
- Supports and assists employees in health maintenance and achieving health care goals through early recognition.
- Resource for medical information for employees.
- Assist in performing pre-employment physicals/drugs screens and random/reasonable suspicion drug/alcohol screens. Also, performs visions screening and performs and records vital statistics (blood pressure, pulse, weights, height).
- Assists with training activities related to new hire orientation as relates to blood-borne pathogen and medical reporting policies.
- Assists in maintaining compliance with medical aspects of OSHA and Corporate standards.
- Assist in the maintenance and up-keep of Medical Department inventory and maintains control of medications and supplies.
- Maintains and ensures confidentiality of employee health information and records and maintains HIPPA medical discloser agreements
- Assist with recording, processing, and maintaining current and accurate medical records for each employee, including maintenance and operation of the medical data information system and electronic medical compliance program.
- Complies with daily, weekly, and monthly medical logs maintenance and distributions. Files of medical records as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
• Current EMT / medical assistant certificate or greater.
• Possess good human relations skills
• Ability to express ideas clearly, both written and verbal
• Ability to make independent basic first aid judgments
• Administrative office duties (typing, filing)
• Ability to use PC - Office Word, Excel,
• Continuing education courses in medical field.
TOOLS: Basic office and medical equipment.