Panama City, Florida
- Work will be performed on ships in all stages of repair and modernization.
- Pipe welders will cut/torch and weld metal surfaces or pipe using various types of welding equipment.
- Weld processes may be performed on various materials in the shop/on table as well as onboard the ship/in position.
- Welding is performed on a wide variety of materials/Ferrous and Non-Ferrous utilizing an even wider range of welding processes, such as GTAW, SMAW, FCAW, and GMAW.
- Weld components in a flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Set up welding machines based on the job at hand.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Keep work areas clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities.
- Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least 5 years of recent experience working in a shipyard as a pipe welder.
- Must be able to pass all administered tests prior to being hired for the position.
- Must possess a good general knowledge of ship repair procedures and test requirements.
- Must be able to fuse inserts and weld carbon steel, stainless steel and copper nickel pipe using SMAW and specifically GTAW processes
- Must have the ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and specifically GTAW processes
- Be able to weld different materials with stick and specifically TIG.
- Have the ability to weld pipe and plate including butts, sockets, and backing rings.
- Have experience with carbon steel/chromoly, CUNI and stainless-steel materials.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
- Must have a working knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
- Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE may include hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.