- Set up, troubleshoot, and utilize welding machines.
- Lay out and measure utilizing both the Imperial (English) and metric system.
- Understand system drawings and blueprints.
- Measure, remove, fit, and reinstall at acceptable gap structural steel and aluminum components.
- Work with hand and power tools.
- Operate and/or assist with overhead cranes to include safe rigging of components to be lifted.
- Understand, interpret, and apply Naval Sea Systems (NAVSEA) MIL‐STD‐1689) and MIL STD 248D requirements.
- Must be proficient in “washing weld.”
- Work non‐standard work hours, as required.
- Work at all height levels (high and low.)
- Work in confined and enclosed spaces.
- Two (2) plus years of experience with Weld Certificates from technical school preferred.
- Must be able to pass a MIL STD 248D certification test prior to being considered for hire.
- Working knowledge of the NAVSEA Standard Items.
- Working knowledge of local NAVSEA Standard Items, specifically Southeast Regional Maintenance Center (SERMC).