N Charleston, South Carolina
- Work with shop or field management to assign tasks daily to crew in accordance with scope of work
- Direct crew of 5 to 10 craft workers in the execution of assigned tasks
- Monitor quality of work, crew productivity, material needs and timekeeping
- Provide regular updates to management regarding project schedule and budget considerations
- Five (5) years of experience in craft specific repair and maintenance efforts onboard U.S. Navy, Coast Guard and Commercial Vessels.
- Three (3) years of experience as a leadman, supervisor or foreman in a shipyard or marine repair facility.
- This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma and/or successful completion of a trade or industrial school.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, specifications and blueprints
- Knowledgeable in the operation of powered machinery/tooling/equipment
- Ability to recognize working conditions or use of materials that require initiation of safety precautions and have the Personal Protective Equipment for said conditions/materials; read and understand the information provided in a Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Qualified and experienced at working in confined spaces (tanks, voids, stowages...etc)