Programmer/Technical Support Analyst
Programmer/Technical Support Analyst
- This position, under general supervision, will be responsible for new or enhanced development of applications, system to system data interfaces, Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) integrations, and their Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support.
- Additional responsibilities will include user support, system monitoring, troubleshooting, resolution identification and testing, compliance and adherence to incident, change, and configuration processes, and producing / maintaining documentation.
- This position will have interaction with customers and technologists at all levels including management. Programmer Analyst Role
- Designs and develops new systems as well as changes and enhancements to supported systems to meet functional needs and improve efficiency and effectiveness of the business in coordination with business customers and other technical teams.
- Integrates knowledge and skills from a range of technologies to address work assignments and problems of moderate complexity.
- Contributes to database design, development, and enhancement within either the Oracle DBMS or the MS SQL Server DBMS.
- Contributes to systems architecture analysis, design, development, and enhancement.
- Is responsible for and assists in the development of high level design documents, detailed system design specifications, O&M guides, release notes, user guides and other technical documents as required.
- Designs/implements solutions to help improve O&M administrative oversight.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required. Technical Support Analyst Role
- Resolves routine user and system issues and problems, resolves most incident tickets escalated to them.
- Troubleshoots and provides diagnostics and maintenance of supported systems
- Monitors system processes to note problem execution or errors and initiates corrective actions
- Reviews, analyzes, evaluates and modifies current systems to determine improvements and make recommendations.
- Assists with testing of new releases of software, vendor modifications, upgrades and patches.
- May serve as system/tool administrator.
- Communicates and coordinates with vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Assist in the development of user guides and manuals for system users. Assist in training users as needed.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Applied knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience in software design, coding, unit testing, integration, release, documentation, and build management following a structured development methodology
- Work experience and knowledge of the .NET framework, C# .NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, and security vulnerabilities avoidance and remediation.
- Work experience and knowledge of Visual Studio 2010/ 2012, and MS Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Understanding and working knowledge of basic Internet protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, SOAP, SSL, and TLS
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2008 or higher, Oracle 11g or higher.
- Experience with relational database development using MS SQL server (T/SQL) or Oracle (PL/SQL), stored procedures and competencies in data modeling and database design
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to adopt and learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to interact with the end user.
- Ability to multi-task; multiple tasks, projects and re-prioritizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Motivated individual with proven track record of quality delivery; on time, on budget, and within scope
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong team collaboration skills
- A track record of learning and professional development
- Contribute to a strong team environment by upholding high work standards and contributing to ongoing initiatives to reduce costs and maintain/improve service levels
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in information systems, computer science or other related field.
- 4 or more years additional work experience may be substituted for educational required experience.