- Creates and revises complex technical documentation to support the marketing, operation, repair, and maintenance of company products.
- Ensures documents conform to company and government standards and specifications and language usage principles.
- Creates and revises technical documentation using state-of-the-art publishing software technology including product descriptions, detailed functional descriptions, operating procedures, fault isolation, maintenance and repair procedures, and illustrated parts breakdown.
- Ensures compliance with customer requirements, government specifications, engineering standards, and language usage principles.
- XML Authoring Tool Experience (e.g. Arbortext Epic Editor and Oxygen software), MS Office Tools/Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint required; Access a plus)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional PDF Software – proficient for use of illustration markups; or use of a similar PDF (electronic) markup tool
- Mechanical/Electrical/Operator Tech Writer Experience/Knowledge Required, preferred in the defense industry.
- Validation/Verification, on-vehicle experience a plus.
- Content Management System (CMS) experience a plus.
- Customer Interaction/Customer Service skills required.