- ABS and AWS building and joint design codes.
- Ability to use hand tools and instruments associated with the heavy structural steel fitting trade.
- Must be able to work effectively with others. Comprehend blueprints, sketches, and templates.
- Complete lay-outs using drawings and/or templates and/or by picking up and developing the geometry required from lofting on the floor.
- Install simple systems without templates and blueprints. Enter and move through manholes to reach and work internally confined spaces.
- Physical assembly in prefabrication shop area and erection on the building site of individual structural elements of prefabricated panels and three dimensional sub-assemblies.
- Some working knowledge with stainless steel and aluminum.
- Tack welding with stick and semi-automatic welding equipment and burning with an oxygen and propylene torch.
- Must be able to pass 2F, 3F and 4F tack test.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance. Monday thru Sunday if required and overtime during the week.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment: respirator, hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots/shoes, etc. when necessary.
- Ability to travel when required
- Pass Fluxcore welding test -1" Carbon Steel Plate test in all positions
- SMAW welding test - 1" Carbon Steel Plate in all positions
- Ability to Carbon Arc Gouge for full penetration welds
- General understanding of weld acceptance criteria
- Experience with utilizing Sub Arc Welders and bugo types of equipment
- New Contruction or Fabrication experience is a plus.
- Minimum of five years of heavy structural steel fitting experience.
- Must pass pre employment drug screen and background check.
1st Class and 2nd Class#10 needed1st shift (7a-330p) and 2nd Shift (330-12a)Duration: 90 days PlusLocation: Structural Shop- Main YardTools Required: Standard Fitting ToolsKnowledge/Skill: Qualifications: (all safety requirements) Safety Harness, Respirator