- Reads blueprints to determine dimensions of furnishings in ships or boats.
- Shapes and laminates wood to form parts of ship, using steam chambers, clamps, glue, and jigs.
- Repairs structural woodwork and replaces defective parts and equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Shapes irregular parts and trims excess material from bulkhead and furnishings to ensure fit meets specifications.Constructs floors, doors, and partitions, using woodworking machines, hand tools, and power tools.
- Cuts wood or glass to specified dimensions, using hand tools and power tools.
- Assembles and installs hardware, gaskets, floors, furnishings, or insulation, using adhesive, hand tools, and power tools.
- Transfers dimensions or measurements of wood parts or bulkhead on plywood, using measuring instruments and marking devices.