- Candidates should be able to demonstrate skill and experience with one or more of the following: GTAW, SMAW, FCAW, GMAW, Carbon Steel, Aluminum, Copper-Nickel, and Stainless.
- Must understand heat requirements, amperages, voltages, pre-heats, inter-pass temperatures and post head requirements.
- Able to layout, burn, and prepare plate for installation.
- Familiar with filler wire controls, filler wire selection and acceptable weld preparation techniques.
- Have working knowledge of formal welding procedures, NAVSEA Standard Items and safety requirements for the accomplishment of tasks.
- Able to perform grinding and joint preparation for NDT and inspection process and be proficient in carbon arc gouging.
- Strict adherence to safety, quality standards, good housekeeping policies, high level of critical thinking/reading comprehension is required.