- Responsible for soliciting and evaluating competitive material and subcontractor quotes for new and existing Government and Commercial work in support of company’s bids and proposals on assigned estimates.
- Reads and interprets contract specifications to identify material and subcontractor needs.
- Reviews and interprets references to include, blueprints, Liaison Action Requests, Technical Manuals, military and commercial material specifications, and standards of construction, to identify materials required to accomplish the intent of the contract specifications.
- Generates clear and concise technical questions to clarify contract specifications where needed. Document material and subcontract requirements and findings.
- Compiles materials and subcontractor quote files for respective projects and incorporate competitive quotes into master estimates.
- Incorporates nesting approach for material estimating in order to minimize material quantities in estimates
- High School education
- 3 or more years of experience in identifying marine materials for structural, mechanical, piping, electrical and HVAC modifications and repairs.
- 3 or more years of experience in matching subcontractors to specification requirements.
- Courteous, and professional demeanor
- Detail oriented, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with NAVSEA Standard Items.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to gain access to military installations.
- Ability to pass drug screen and background security check.
1. Ability to lift 20 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
2. Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
This is NOT a physically demanding position and may accommodate most physical disabilities. There may be occasional lifting of office materials or files weighing not more than 20 pounds. Physical dexterity may be required when operating calculators, copiers, computers and/or other typical office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/vertical ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position works on the jobsite and in the office.
- There is exposure to hostile environments, loud noises, hazardous chemicals/fumes and airborne particles, smoke, extreme temperatures moving mechanical parts:
- high, precarious places.
- During work-site visits will be required to wear appropriate PPE including, but not limited to:
- Hard hat
- Ear plugs or attenuator
- Safety shoes
- Dust mask or respirator