Newport News, Virginia
- Applies basic welding processes to join; surface; fabricate; or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
- Applies appropriate welding processes to join; surface; fabricate; or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
- Works from blueprints; engineering sketches; charts or work orders.
- Lays out and marks points on parts or sub-assemblies using rule; square; scribe or templates.
- Positions pieces to be welded into jigs; holding fixtures; guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced welders.
- May serve as a team leader.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Must have 5 years shipyard experience.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass a pre employment background and drug screen test.
- Must pass a structural SMAW and FCAW weld test.