Chula Vista, California
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Read and interpret basic drawings and weld symbols.
- Pass weld test for all company weld procedures in the required positions
- Ability to work to company welding standards
- Work to company housekeeping procedure
- Inspection of work, identification of potential problems, initiation of corrective actions.
- Increase awareness of quality procedures within department
- Perform as a productive working team member that meets daily goals set by the supervisor.
- Continuously improve communications and flexibility within the team.
- Help build the team environment.
- Build pride of workmanship and quality through on job training.
- Contribute towards innovation / productivity improvements.
- Assist in the control of waste elimination, e.g. materials, consumables etc.
- Assist supervisor to maintain control of department equipment and its maintenance.
- Must have full set of personal tools
- Work towards the team goal of delivering the vessel on time.
- Always be ready to start shift on time
- Follow company guidelines and procedures
- Do not leave job early or return late from break times
- Ensure work area is left clean, all equipment and tools are stowed away safely and protected against damage
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of related experience with the most recent 3 years being in a shipyard.
- Ability to pass “A Class” skills validation test to demonstrate welding ability for restricted open root welds
- Ability to successfully complete onboarding procedures in preparation to pass weld qualification test requirements to meet contract requirements for A Class Structural Aluminum welding on the vessel